Smoky Chorizo and Cheddar Dip
Smoky with a bit of heat, this Spanish-inspired queso dip has a richness and depth of flavour, which leaves you wanting more.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 dry-cured chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) smoked paprika
- 4 tsp (20 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups (250 g) shredded Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces naan bread, toasted
- Heat olive oil in saucepan set over medium heat; cook sausage, corn, jalapeño, garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika for 5 to 8 minutes or until sausage starts to brown and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle flour over top; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in cream; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and half of the green onions. Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and a sprinkle of smoked paprika if desired. Serve with toasted naan bread.
Replace chorizo with caramelized onion for a great smoky Cheddar and onion vegetarian dip.