Roasted Tomato and Cheddar Basil Dip
With luscious roasted tomatoes and Balderson Canadian Heritage 5 Year Old Cheddar, this ooey-gooey dip makes a fabulous hot appetizer for any gathering.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 oz (250 g) brick-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Balderson Canadian Heritage Cheddar 5 Year Old, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish, toss together grape tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until blistered and tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; beat in mayonnaise until combined. Fold in 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cheddar cheese, tomatoes (with pan juices) and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the basil.
- Return to baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining basil. Serve with crackers.
- Alternatively, serve with warm flatbread such as naan, pita or focaccia bread.
- Serve the dip with a charcuterie board if desired.