PUMPKIN PECAN CHEDDAR BREAD PUDDING
Pumpkin Pecan Cheddar Bread Pudding
- 6 cups day-old baguette or other crusty bread, cubed
- 2 tbsp Lactantia Salted Butter
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Beatrice 2% Milk
- 1 cup Balderson Mild Cheddar, coarsely grated plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, lightly toasted, plus extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- Toss cubed bread with melted butter in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk eggs and milk into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour over bread.
- Stir and let sit for 15 minutes to soak in.
- Stir in grated cheese and pecan pieces, and pour into prepared dish.
- Cover dish with parchment paper, then foil, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with extra cheese and pecan pieces.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, until centre springs back when pressed.
- Let bread pudding cool for 15 minutes before serving.