Mushroom and Cheddar Flatbread with Truffle Oil
Enjoy the meatiness of a beautiful medley of mushrooms without eating any meat. This flatbread accented with a hint of truffle oil is sure to please!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) truffle oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) prepared pizza dough
- 3/4 cup (75 g) shredded Balderson Royal Canadian Cheddar 2 Year Old
- 1 cup (100 g) shaved Balderson Royal Canadian Cheddar 2 Year Old
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) microgreens
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Heat olive oil in large skillet set over high heat; cook mushrooms, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown. Stir in wine; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until almost no liquid remains in pan. Remove from heat and stir in half of the truffle oil. Let cool slightly.
- On lightly floured work surface, divide dough in half. Roll out each portion into 10- x 6-inch (25 x 15 cm) rectangle, about 1/8-inch (2.5 mm) thick. Arrange on large greased baking sheet. Sprinkle shredded cheese over flatbread; top with mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle shaved cheese over top; drizzle with remaining truffle oil. Garnish with microgreens. Cut each flatbread into 6 pieces.
Before serving, sprinkle baby arugula over top if desired.