Mini Smoked Cheddar Zucchini Loaves
With a simple batter, this moist and tender zucchini bread with savoury Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar is a breeze to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes (+15 minutes cooling time)
Makes: 6 mini loaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 2% milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) packed grated zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 6 mini loaf pans; set aside. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat together eggs, olive oil, milk and lemon zest until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, double smoked cheddar cheese and walnuts.
- Divide mixture among prepared mini loaf pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tester inserted into center of loaves comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on rack for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serve loaves whole as a snack (or slice and serve like crackers on a charcuterie board).
Use a food processor with shredding attachment for speedy grating of the zucchini and shredding of the cheese.