Everything Bagel Cheddar Cheese Ball
This loaded Cheddar cheese ball is a feast of flavours that’s perfect for sharing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes (+1 hour chilling time)
- 8 oz (250 g) brick-style plain cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) mustard powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) shredded Balderson Extra Old Cheddar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each garlic and onion flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each large flaked sea salt and cracked pepper
- 4 fresh or toasted bagels, cut into cubes
- 8 oz (250 g) bagel chips, for serving (optional)
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, chives, parsley, dill, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard powder and cayenne until light and fluffy. Beat in extra old cheddar until blended.
- Transfer mixture onto large piece of plastic wrap; form into ball, wrapping tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, stir together pecans, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic flakes, onion flakes, sea salt and pepper.
- Roll cheese ball in pecan and everything bagel mix to coat.
- Serve with bagels, and bagel chips (if using).
- Add 4 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon to the cheese ball if desired.
- Serve cheese ball with slices of smoked salmon if desired.