Double Smoked Cheddar Mushroom Caps
Stuffed mushrooms are always a hit with any crowd. With Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and herbs, these ones are particularly addictive.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 large shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 18 cremini mushrooms (or 24 mini cremini mushrooms), stems and gills removed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat. Cook shallots, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Cool completely. Toss together shallot mixture, double smoked cheddar cheese and lemon juice.
- Spoon tablespoonful of filling into each mushroom cap; place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Toss bread crumbs with butter. Sprinkle over top of each mushroom.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, filling is bubbling and topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.
For a starter or main course, stuff the filling into larger portobello mushrooms, adjusting the baking time as needed.