CLASSIC MAC & CHEESE
Classic Mac & Cheese
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1 /4 cups Beatrice Milk
- 1 1/4 cups Balderson 3 year Heritage Cheddar (coarsely shredded)
- 6 Tbs finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard
- 3 3/4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray an 8-cup casserole with cooking oil and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, stock and Beatrice Skim Milk in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth for 3-5 minutes or until hot and thickened as a rue.
- Gradually add the Balderson Cheddar Cheese shredded, 3 Tbs parmesan and the mustard and slowly cook until the cheese over a low heat and the cheeses melt and blend together in a smooth sauce.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook macaroni for 8-10 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Drain macaroni and combine evenly with cheese sauce.
- Pour into a prepared casserole and set aside.
- Combine Panko crumbs, oil, water and 3 Tbs parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni and bake for 25 minutes covered, 5 minutes uncovered or until golden and crisp on top.