Cheddar, Prosciutto and
Roasted Red Pepper Stromboli
This sandwich is a great change of pace from pizza for game night munching.
- 1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
- 2 cups (200 g) shredded Balderson Royal Canadian Cheddar 2 Year Old, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 4 oz (125 g) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 15- x 11-inch (38 x 28 cm) rectangle, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cheese, red peppers and basil; top with prosciutto.
- Starting from one long end, roll up into log shape, pinching and sealing ends. Spread pesto evenly over top. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cheese bubbles and melts. Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) slices.
- Substitute Black Forest ham or salami for prosciutto if desired.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.