Cheddar Black Bean Quesadillas
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- 4 oz Lactantia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated Balderson Royal Canadian 2 Year Cheddar
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Vegetable oil or spray, for greasing pan
- Beatrice Sour Cream and salsa, for dipping
Preheat T-Fal Ambiance Raclette on medium-high.
Assemble quesadillas as follows:
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on 3 tortillas.
- Top each with 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with black beans, salsa, coriander and green onions.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Spread remaining cream cheese on last 3 tortillas and press down over filling.
Quesadillas can be assembled up to 4 hours in advance and refrigerated until ready to cook.
- Lightly grease raclette grill with a little vegetable oil.
- Cook quesadillas for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until they become crisp and cheese melts.
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Slice each quesadilla into 6 wedges.
- Serve with sour cream and extra salsa for dipping.