Cheddar and Thyme Crisps
The use of 5-year-old Cheddar cheese provides a very distinct flavour in these aromatic savoury crisps. Serve with your favourite tomato chutney for the perfect pairing. Or serve with assorted dips alongside a charcuterie board.
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded Balderson 5 Year Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Mound tablespoonfuls of cheese on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts and bubbles without browning. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper along with thyme and pepper if desired.
- Instead of Balderson 5 Year Cheddar Cheese, use your favourite Balderson aged Cheddar cheese.