Cheddar and Sausage Puff Pastry Tarts
If any of these yummy tarts are left over, they make a great grab-and-go lunch option or snack.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 oz (375 g) garlic sausage, casing removed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (each 10-inch/25 cm square), thawed, but still cold
- 2 cups (200 g) shredded Balderson 3 Year Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup (50 g) shaved Balderson 3 Year Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook sausage for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded cheese and 1 tbsp shaved cheese to centre of each pastry square; top with cooked sausage. Fold up corners of each pastry square to meet in centre; pinch to seal together.
- Whisk egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; brush over pastry. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Transfer to rack; let cool slightly.
This tart is perfect for a soup and sandwich lunch – great for any day of the week.