Balderson Festive Cheesy Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup each golden raisins and chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small or half medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup softened Lactantia butter, divided
- 21 oz cranberry focaccia bread or walnut and raisin bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package 5 year Balderson Heritage cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups Lactantia half and half cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Generously butter eight ramekins measuring 3-3/4 to 4 inches x 2-1/2 inches [10 to 10.5 cm x 6.5 cm].
- Cook onion in 1 tbsp [15mL] butter over medium low heat in covered fry pan until onion is cooked and translucent; cool.
- Mix together raisins, dates and pecans. Set aside ¼ cup of the mixture for later.
- In a large bowl, mix together cheddar and onion, the remaining raisins, dates, nuts and cubed bread.
- Beat together cream, eggs and mustard. Sieve mixture and pour over bread mixture let sit for 30 minutes.
- Divide mixture between ramekins. Sprinkle the remaining raisin and nuts on top of puddings. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F [180°C] for 20 to 25 minutes; cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Run a sharp knife around edge of each ramekin to loosen pudding before un-moulding onto individual plates.