Balderson Creamy Dressing
Summer entertaining should be a “no fuss” affair that lets you enjoy all that extra daylight savings time outdoors rather than in the kitchen. To that end, Balderson Cheddar makes a quick and easy snack or appetizer with fresh picked vegetables and fruit. And to make a summer salad sing, try this Balderson Creamy Dressing.
Makes 1-3/4 cups (425 mL)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 oz Balderson Heritage 2-year aged Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Whisk milk and flour together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add mustard.
- For a smooth dressing, add all of the cheese and stir until melted. Or, for a chunkier texture, reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cheese to add when the dressing has cooled.
- When the dressing has cooled to room temperature, whisk in mayonnaise; season to taste.
OPTION: For added flavour, add crumbled crisp-cooked bacon, or finely chopped chives, or use Balderson 5 year Cheddar.