Balderson Cheese Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- ½ cup smoked cooked ham, finely diced
- ½ cup shredded Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded Balderson 6 year Cheddar
- 1 cup milk or light cream
- Additional shredded Double Smoked Cheddar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine flour and baking powder. Cut in butter, with pastry blender or 2 knives, until about the size of small peas (food processor may be used for this step). Stir in ham and cheeses.
- Make a well in centre of flour mixture and add milk. Stir with fork just until flour is moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead gently 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll dough to ½-inch (2 cm) thickness. Cut dough with 2-inch (5 cm) round cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet (or ungreased baking sheet). Sprinkle tops of biscuits with additional shredded Smoked Cheddar cheese for a crunchy golden crust, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, with butter, if desired. Biscuits may be frozen and reheated.