BALDERSON CHEDDAR TWISTS
Balderson Cheddar Twists
- 250g puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 250ml grated Balderson® Medium Cheddar
- 5ml dry mustard
- 30ml sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 30cm square.
- For the egg wash, in a small bowl whisk together egg yolk and 15ml water; brush surface of dough with half of the egg wash.
- Sprinkle half of the dough with Balderson® Medium Cheddar and dry mustard.
- Fold over the other half of dough to cover cheese; seal edges well.
- Roll out cheese-filled dough to a 38cm x 18cm rectangle.
- Brush top with remaining egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Using a pizza cutter or small sharp knife, cut dough into thin 18cm long strips.
- Twist each strip into a spiral shape and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Recipe note: Balderson® Double Smoked Cheddar Fondue makes a perfect dip for these cheese twists.