BALDERSON CHEDDAR ARANCINI (RISOTTO BALLS)
|6 - 8||25 min|
Balderson Cheddar Arancini (Risotto Balls)
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 6-8 oz. cubed, Balderson Cheddar Cheese (white)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Cook Arborio rice in 4 cups water for 20-23 minutes or until done.
- When the rice has absorbed all of the water and is tender, stir in parmesan cheese and marinara sauce.
- When the rice is cool enough to handle, scoop out a handful and roll into a ball.
- Push a cube of Balderson Cheddar into the middle, making sure the cheese is well covered with rice.
- Dip the risotto balls in beaten egg, then breadcrumbs and fry on medium heat in olive oil until crisp and golden on all sides.
- If you have a deep fryer, drop Arancini into 350º oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Eat as is or serve with your favourite marinara sauce for dipping.