- 10 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped up
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 French baguettes
- 3 cups Balderson Premium Medium Cheddar, shredded
- Cut tomatoes in half; remove seeds.
- Place tomatoes under pre-heated broiler and broil until lightly blackened.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Mix half of olive oil, green onions and herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice baguettes.
- Brush one side of each slice with remaining olive oil.
- Broil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Top with tomato mixture and cheese.
- If desired, broil to melt cheese.