Antipasto Cheddar Garlic Bread
With a variety of antipasto toppings, this party-style cheddar garlic bread makes a fun and stunning presentation that will impress any guest.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 large rustic Italian loaf, halved lengthwise
- 8 slices Balderson Cheddar Aged 1 Year Natural Cheese Slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil pesto
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 jar (12 oz/375 g) marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, thinly sliced and patted dry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pepperoncini, drained well
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix together butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; spread over cut sides of bread. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Layer cheddar slices over top, overlapping slices if necessary.
- Arrange half of the sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, bacon, artichokes, roasted red pepper, pepperoncini and remaining sun-dried tomatoes in rows over cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts and toppings are heated through.
For a festive presentation, serve the bread on a cutting board with charcuterie and lots of antipasto nibbles.