Summer Vegetable and Balderson Cheddar Cheese Tart
- 1/3 cup [75 mL] Lactantia Butter melted, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped asparagus
- 3 plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cups [500 mL] chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp [30 mL] chopped basil
- 6 sheets thawed phyllo dough
- 2 tbsp [30 mL] honey mustard
- 2 cups [500 mL] grated Balderson Heritage Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup [250 mL] Lactantia 10% Table Cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- In fry pan over medium heat cook green onions in 2 tbsp [30 mL] Lactantia Butter for 2 minutes; melt remaining Lactantia Butter.
- Add asparagus, tomatoes and spinach to fry pan; cook and stir until spinach wilts. Stir in basil and set aside.
- Fit two sheets of phyllo dough into a 9-inch [23 cm] flan pan, brush with a little of the melted Lactantia Butter.
- Fit another two sheets of phyllo in flan pan, brush again with butter.
- Repeat with the final two sheets of dough and spread honey mustard on base of flan.
- Mix together vegetable mixture and Balderson Heritage Cheddar Cheese, spoon into flan.
- Whisk together Lactantia Table Cream and eggs; pour over vegetable mixture.
- Brush over hanging phyllo with remaining Lactantia Butter; pinch the phyllo firmly to form a ruffled edge around tart.
- Bake in a pre-heated 425°F [220°C] oven for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 375°F [190°C] and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until surface of tart is golden brown and custard is set. Serve warm, serves 6 to 8.