Scallops in Balderson Orange Cheddar Sauce
- 1-1/2 lbs angel hair pasta (or enough for 8 servings)
- 1/2 cup Lactantia Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups Beatrice 2% Milk, warm
- 3 cups Balderson Royal Canadian 2 Year Cheddar, grated
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 leeks, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 lbs scallops
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt half of the butter in a small saucepan, stir in flour to form paste.
- Gradually add milk, stirring continuously to form a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Over medium high heat, melt remaining butter in fry pan.
- Sauté vegetables until just cooked.
- Add scallops.
- Cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes until scallops are firm and lightly browned.
- To serve: Spoon pasta onto plates, top with scallop mixture, sauce and cracked black pepper.