Pear, Cranberry And Cheddar Galette
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup melted Lactantia Salted Butter
- 2 cups pears, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Lactantia Salted Butter
- 1/3 cup Balderson Extra Old Cheddar, grated
- 1 egg (mixed with water for brushing)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Brush each sheet of phyllo dough lightly with butter.
- On a large parchment-lined baking sheet, layer phyllo sheets neatly on top of each other.
- In a bowl, toss together the fruits, sugars, cinnamon and cheese.
- Spoon mixture onto center of dough, leaving a 4-inch (10 cm) edge.
- Dot mixture with the butter.
- Fold crust over, forming 5 to 6 overlapping folds.
- Place tart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush crust with additional melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until crust is golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbling.
6 - 8